Art. 1 – ORGANIZERS
The Sport Film Festival (SFF) is organized by Centro di Comunicazione Visiva (CCV) that nominated yearly a Film Commission (FC) to select the best films focused on sports. The FC is chaired by VITO MAGGIO and is directed by ROBERTO MARCO ODDO.
Art. 2 – PURPOSE
The SFF wants to promote the values of sport (respect for rules, fair play, overcoming limits, team play, etc.) through the best films all over the world that are focused on sports. The “SFF promotes the diffusion of sport films that, in different ways, contribute to the development of artistic and cultural trends in the cinema business. The goal is to promote the best quality in sports films; to stimulate, thanks to the mass media and the partnership with schools and universities, the interest in sport and cinema, fostering didactic-cultural meetings.
Art. 3 – WHEN AND WHERE
The 39th SFF will be held from Monday, December 9th to Sunday, December 15th 2018 (Sports Week). The SFF ends with the awards ceremony (Grand Gala). During the Grand Gala the prize named “Golden Paladin” will be assigned to the best films in competition; the FC can be assign some special “Golden Paladins” to the most important figures of the year in sport and sports journalism.
Art. 4 – ADMISSIBILITY
All films produced between 2015 and 2018 with sport as main topic can participate to the SFF. Films that have already participated in the SFF are excluded.
Art. 5 – REGISTRATION
The registration to the SFF is free of charge.
The registration is active between the January 15th, 2018 and July 30th, 2018. Within this date, productions have to fill the form online published in the SFF official website (www.sportfilmfestival.it). Is it possible, to speed up the selection, pre-register a film through the Film Freeway or Festhome partner platform. In any case, even those who use one of partner platform must complete the registration on the official website of the SFF.
To complete the registration, after filing the online form, producers will have to send, by and no later than July 30th, 2018:
- 1 copy of the film in HD or better quality subbed in English language;
- a 2 minute (max) trailer in HD or better quality subbed in English language;
- a synthesis (synopsis) of the film in English language.
For films in nomination (see following articles) producers will have to send, by and no later than October 30th, 2018:
- photographic documentation in digital format (high resolution .jpeg);
- a bio-filmography of the director and/or of the main actors;
- the Authorization Form, printed, filled and signed, for a free use of all provided materials for publications, for the Official Catalog, for the Press Office and for the promotion of the SFF.
All materials (film, synthesis, etc) can be sent:
- by email, writing to email@example.com;
- by sharing services like WeTransfer or 4Shared, using the email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by mail, to the following address: Sport Film Festival – c/o Centro di Comunicazione Visiva, via Filippo Cordova 4, 90143 Palermo, Italy.
The shipping or digital transfer costs are to be covered by the entrants. Materials submitted will not be returned. The packages containing films coming from foreign countries have to bring the following sentence: “For cultural event – without commercial value”. The CCV declines any responsibility for possible damages caused during the transport.
On every form, the only language allowed is English. If the documentation of the film will be incomprehensible or incomplete, the film will be excluded from the SFF. The number of the works per each participant is unlimited.
Art. 6 – SELECTION
The first selection of the films enrolled within the September 30th, 2018, will be made by FC. An unlimited number of participating films can be admitted to the nominations.
The Award Commission (AC), composed by critics, journalists, showmans and personalities from the sport business will assign the nominations among the selected films for the following categories:
- Best Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Paralympic Film
- Best Football Film
- Best Foreign Film
- Best Director
- Best Screenplay
- Best Picture
- Best Editor
- Best Soundtrack
- Best Documentary
- Best Fiction
The Commission can assign further special awards to the nominated films.
Art. 7 – SOCIAL AWARD
The “Social Award” is the unique “Golden Paladin” assigned by the audience. The award is structured in two different phases.
- All films selected by the FC will be listed on the offical website and trailers will be available on the official SFF social pages and channels. People will be able to vote for their favorite film by assigning a LIKE to the film trailer on YouTube official SFF page/channel . The most voted film will be awarded with “Social Award”.
Art. 8 – SHOWING OF NOMINATED FILMS
All the nominated films will be shown during the SFF and they will be an essential part of the program.
Art. 9 – UTILIZATION OF PARTICIPATING FILMS AND COPYRIGHTS
The films will be used by the FC exclusively for cultural ends and promotional ends of the SFF, before, during and after the SFF, also in collaboration with Public authorities, Media, Schools, Universities, etc. For a further promotion, the participating films can be shown during other partner events. The use of the films has no commercial purposes. They cannot be supplied for other uses without the expressed authorization of the producer. Who enters his/her film to the festival declares him/herself owner of it according to this Regulation and undersigning the Regulation, he/she authorizes:
- the maximum distribution of the film (it means that it’s not subjected to any right or to other compensations);
- the vision of the film by the delegates, accredited journalists, observers, etc.
- the deposit, in SFF’s archive, of the copies of the film only for study, as documentation and for institutional activities.
The participants will directly be responsible for any demands or claims of reimbursement by third parts, as they have entered their films to the SFF. The CCV has the right to use the names of the participants to the Festival for its own promotional activity.
Art. 10 – GENERAL NORMS
Any possible controversial cases and what not mentioned in this Regulation shall be regulated exclusively by Italian Law. The final decisions falls under the competence of the Direction of the SFF. For any claim regarding the meaning of the articles of this Regulation, only the original text of the Regulation publisher in the Sport Film Festival official website shall form the basis for any litigation.
Art. 11 – UPDATES
The CCV reserve the right to make decisions on matters not specified herein. The CCV can change, modify and update this Regulation at any time and without notice.